Saturday 13 April 2013

I can go with the flow...

Always hard to know where to start one of these little entries; so much to say and yet no words come to mind...Well first off thank you Katy for the great idea for this month's challenge! I have to admit that I too thought it would be a relatively easy one (compared to Paleo at least!), and fully agree that it has not been more difficult than expected.

It's been quite eye opening in regards to how easy it can be to fall into a habit of going straight to work, staying inside for lunch as there's too much to do, staying inside for gym since it's raining and I don't want to get wet any more than my students do, and then going to the gym or pool after work 'cause it's of course still raining. So yeah on the one hand, I usually do get at least 30 mins of exercise a day, but without the outdoor time there definitely seems to be a piece missing, and my mood is usually the first thing to suffer.

After a week and a half of almost entirely outdoor time in Costa-Rica, and then coming back to a long Easter weekend of sunshine and amazing weather, it was tough to face going back to work and facing the rain and not so warm weather that usually goes with it. However, since I want to try to meet this challenge as much as possible, there were a few instances last week where I decided to go out and walk or run outside even if it was drizzling, and ended up feeling 1000 times better afterwards (and the nausea/ headaches I was feeling before getting out magically disappeared afterwards!).


So yeah all in all, this challenge has been helping me get out when I don't feel like it and to be somewhat fore flexible with my routine, and has led to a better overall mood which I'm sure other people are thankful for too!

Hope it's been working out nicely for everyone else!

Happy weekend :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE

No comments:

Post a Comment