Thursday 9 January 2014

Choose One Project?

I can be very goal-oriented. This January Cure has proven this fully. Give me a to do list and I will get shit done!

It helps that I moved in to my apartment just under two weeks ago and had a strong level of motivation to make it a home. But since writing my project list on January 2nd I have completed almost 60% of my list (including items that were added after the fact). I am making myself slow down about completing the remaining tasks. The assignment yesterday was to choose one assignment to complete this month, in light of this I am prioritizing properly tarping my canoe (it was just refinished and it's not great for the paint to sit wet). I already have most of the necessary supplies I just have to figure out how I want to McGuyver it together.

Some of my most productive thinking happens while I am working on unrelated tasks - such as sanding dressers or folding clothes. During these moments and my bikes to work I have reflected on my personal goals for January and decided to hold off on the swimming lessons. As much as I have enjoyed swimming and would like to strengthen my strokes my overall happiness is much more important and waking up at 5:30am would make me miserable. So I will wait until I am able to join a class that is set at a more reasonable time. 

How are you doing with the January Cure? Any projects completed? Any assignments skipped? (I will not be framing any art unless I find something by the end of the month). What about your personal goals for 2014? Are you having a productive start to the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment