Monday 4 March 2013

Day 19- Weekend tidbits

Happy Monday everyone!!! wooooooooo. My weekend was all over the place and definitely not perfect in terms of paleo-ness. I ate steak twice in about 2 days, as it is an easy paleo option for eating out, although often accompanied with not such healthy french fries etc.. I had a slice of french bread and some crisps- no self control!!- at Canvas restaurant (amazing!!) and a little bit of wild rice at a friend's place- but i'm not letting it get to me. With 11 days left, I am determined to stick it out, and be more strict. After the 30 days I will re-evaluate, but I have to at least get there.

I think part of the problem is its hard for me to see what the results are, and results are a big motivator to keep with it. My skin definitely seems smoother and clearer, so that's good.


I found these cultured almond yogurts at the health food store, and tried the coconut one. with the least amount of added fruit juice etc. I had heard they are horrendous but it was actually pretty good. I can't tell anymore what is actually good, and what i think is good because I haven't had many sweets (aside from fruit).

I made this pumpkin custard, and it was good! I'll post the recipe one of these days soon


I also baked this recipe for "Quinoa blondies" but switched mine to "almond blondies" as I used almond flour instead of quinoa flour. I will be sharing the recipe, however i warn you, these are highly addictive. I shouldn't make them again.. 

I finally hung up this message bulletin/white board from Kristin- love it!!

This salad was a success- spinach, walnuts, artichoke hearts and orange- then i added avocado and hard boiled egg. It would also be good with chicken or steak. I made a new dressing- 2 tablespoons orange juice (freshly squeezed); 3 Tablespoons olive oil; 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dijon mustard; salt and ground pepper- its very refreshing! 

My attempt to plan out my meals- I will probably deviate from this, but at least it's a general plan.

How was everyone's weekend? Plans for the week?

I am addicted to the show Sons of Anarchy- Love it!! Have you seen House of Cards? It's amazing. I can't wait for the next season. 


No comments:

Post a Comment