Wednesday 12 November 2014

My goals

Thanks El for inviting me to the 30 day challenge! As some of  you know, I had back surgery almost 2.5 years ago and have been working ever since to get my body back up to normal.

My long-term goal is to do a beginner triathlon next May so my main goals for the next 30 days are to get my body ready for that competition.

Swim -  Swim once a week at least 1000 m.

Bike - Go to a spin class once a week.

Run - Be able to do a 5-1 interval run.

I'm also active in a number of sports. I play volleyball, floor hockey and go curling once a week. I also horseback ride 3-5 times a week. My secondary goal is to improve something in all of these areas.

Volleyball - I haven't been strong enough to do anything but an underhand serve so I'd like to work towards making an overhand serve (that doesn't hit the net) and have all the balls I hit to remain in play.

Floor Hockey - I'd like to get a goal. I normally play defense so this will be a bit of a challenge but I'd like to try.

Curling - I normally use a stick when I deliver the rock (because of my back surgery I wasn't able to bend over and slide). I've become quite proficient at it but I'm stronger now and I'd like to work towards being able to deliver the rock "normally" and not like an old person.

Horseback Riding - I've been riding for over 25 years so my goals are quite technical. I'd like to work on being able to do sitting trot while keeping Cedric's back round. I'd also like to work on getting Cedric's canter more elastic and getting him to keep his body straight  at all three gaits.


No comments:

Post a Comment