Monday 4 February 2013

Day 27- Tech challenged


As today's title suggests, never thought I'd be one to write about the benefits of technology and some of the latest advances.  However there are so many app's, websites, trackers, monitors and other tools that can help when it comes to goal setting and keeping motivated that I figured it would be worth discussing and sharing.

After blogging about sedentary lifestyles and the importance of moving throughout the day, I came across an article that featured several apps that are meant to help people do just this. One is called "pedometer" and it tracks your daily steps for you and motivates you to take more than the previous day. Another is called "break pal", which basically helps you schedule fitness breaks throughout the day, telling you earn to get up and moving. 
An app I use a lot is called "gymfo" which helps you find workout classes at they gyms closest to you, and lets you schedule these in to your calendar and sends you a reminder. 

I know there are many tools when it comes to tracking your daily habits (exercise, nutrition, sleep, financial and budget) ranging from a basic excel spreadsheet, to websites life myfitnesspal.com or apps like Map my fitness or Map my run. However, none of these caught my attention as much as these amazing looking and sounding bands that are meant to help you track your fitness goals throughout the day! (thanks Katy I am now hooked on this website too haha)...Not saying I have any idea how they work, if anyone does please let me know!

As previously mentioned, I am not at all what one would call tech savvy, so I am such there are many other useful apps, trackers, gadgets and tools that can help with goal setting, fitness and motivation. What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment