Tuesday 26 February 2013

Day 13-Paleo Shmaleo

 
Hahah just kidding I am nowhere near bashing paleo- quite the opposite in fact, I have nothing but positive things to say about it. However, I have noticed that people often have a lot to say about it, and not all of them are positive. That being said, a lot of the time people just tend to be really interested about the concept of paleo (or any lifestyle different from their own I suppose) and what it entails.  Unfortunately, I don’t yet have all that  many answers or explanation as to all of the why’s of paleo (especially not in French, which I’ve been called upon to do many times over the past couple weeks and have somehow managed most of the time. )

I’ve noticed that people also seem to think that the paleo lifestyle is pretty extreme, and I feel like it’s my duty to tell them that it really isn’t, and that it isn’t a fad diet or restrictive at all…I guess that’s part of what makes it difficult to explain or justify, is that I don’t feel like I should have to, it all seems pretty natural and obvious to me (which probably is a sign that it may be extreme…)

However, luckily for me, there is a TON of information out there! Just need to find the time to read it, and wait until the 47 people ahead of me at the Victoria public library are done reading Practical Paleo, Paleo for athletes and The paleo solution!

Anywho, one of the only challenging things I’ve found about this challenge it being invited over for brunch/dinner and not wanting to be rude by not trying something a host has prepared….I’ve usually been able to compromise though. I made El’s signature Egg-Nana pancakes (the link to her recipe is the first thing that comes up when you google eggnana!!) to a brunch recently and they were enjoyed (I think!). 
I added some cinnamon, shredded coconut and almond butter. We put frozen fruit on top- and a bit of non paleo greek yogurt!



Figured I would end my way overdue post with a song for the day, nothing to do with paleo but It's my go to song during a crazy week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

No comments:

Post a Comment