Saturday 23 February 2013

Paleo- Day 11- Costco FTW

I am going through eggs and meat so quickly..so I hit up costco with my dad this morning and majorly stocked up!!! The lady by the exit told my dad she hadn't seen him in a while. He was like umm 2 days? My dad shops at costco a lot..and more so lately as my parents have been getting photos developed there quite often.

Heres a snapshot of my goodies



The ground turkey came in a package of 4 so I gave 2 to my parents. I separated the chicken and steak into smaller bags to freeze. I should be good for a while.

I saw Paleo slow cooking cookbook and was tempted, but I already have a lot of the recipes, courtesy of  S and his amazing google drive spreadsheet, so i resisted. I also resisted buying a workout top.. are you impressed yet?

Last night my parents came for dinner and I made zucchini turkey burgers- they loved them. Instead of the sour cream sauce, I served them with avocado. I didn't use a bun,  but had PC flat buns (love those) for my parents. Hey, I dont push my food habits onto others.

I also made some paleo brownies, that were pretty good. Very dark- chocolately. Sign my taste buds are adapting- i used to find dark chocolate not sweet enough but it has definitely grown on me.  I will post more about my experimentation with paleo baking soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment