Thursday 21 February 2013

Paleo Day 9- the When

I haven't had a chance to read all of my Practical Paleo book, so last night when i finally had a few minutes, I read up.  The key takeaway from what I read is above WHEN to eat in relation to when you workout. Of course it all depends on what your goals are, if you want to maintain your weight, lose weight, etc.




Eating a Paleo diet is supposed get your body used to burning stored fats, rather then grains and sugars. If your goal is to lose fat, then having a snack pre-workout is not a good idea. Your body will burn the grains or sugar that you have just eaten before they burn any stored fats, as its more quickly available.  If you find you are lightheaded or very tired without a snack, then likely your body hasn't adapted yet to burning stored fats.

If they are not burned, carbohydrates you consume become stored as fat ( am i right here?). This applies to all the times except post workout. 30min -2h post workout, the carbs you consumed will go to your muscles to help them recover.[ we are talking about good carbs here- squash, sweet potato, etc, banana etc]  If you are looking to build muscle, then this is a good time to eat carbs.

I came across a list of quick snacks post workout- it does however say to consider your goals. I need to read more on this- protein, carbs or fat post workout?  There is some more info in this article- that I have not had time to read yet.

If anyone has any more info on this please feel free to share. If I have misunderstood or misinterpreted anything pls correct me. I still have a lot left to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment