Monday 18 February 2013

Paleo Day 7- I'm not fighting temptation

I'm just waiting for the right temptation! love that song- Thanks Beyone



So this weekend was really fun but filled with soo many temptations. I'm not going to lie, it was tough. My sister was visiting, C and S were visiting, and we had family friends over for a big lunch.

What I resisted:
-cinnamon hearts
- milk chocolate
-bagels
-beavertails
-jujubes
-jelly beans
- cheese curds
-cream cheese
- hot chocolate
- my dad's banana bread - this was the toughest
-oatmeal
- rice
-ice cream
-hummus

What I failed to resist
- Apple Strudel made by my mom-she brought the dough back from Austria. I was served a piece at lunch when I was in the kitchen, and when I came back to the table it was there in front of my place and I could not say no..
- Mary's delicious apple crisp- After eating the strudel my resolve was down and the sugar must have been making me crave more sugar.

So I guess the damage- brown sugar, a tiny bit of thin crust, some bread crumbs..

I can definitely see how it's a slippery slope. I did not feel great this morning and hope I will be back on track today. Hopefully this will not sabotage everything. I am disappointed I didn't stick 100% Paleo but on the other, I am glad I only indulged in special treats, homemade, that I  rarely get. Sometimes you have to live a little. - Is this me making excuses for myself? possibly.

Another thing that was tough was trying to explain to everyone the reason behind doing this challenge, the benefits of Paleo, what is wrong with whole grains such as oats, brown rice etc. As much as I read about Paleo I am still not able to fully understand or explain this.

Despite all the skepticism, mocking ( I admit, i was laughing at myself a fair bit too), lack of understanding and temptation from my family and friends, they still tried to encourage me and made sure I always had suitable meals and enough to eat. It may be hard to resist treats but when It comes to meals, its pretty easy.

My parents were also open to trying my new Paleo recipes- They loved egg-nana pancakes I made them. "Nice and light". Also, everyone enjoyed the asparagus I made from Practical Paleo.

I may have stumbled a bit on this hurdle, but I am up again and ready to plow on.. bring on week 2!


How are you doing? What have you found challenging? Are your family and friends supportive?



No comments:

Post a Comment