Tuesday 12 February 2013

Paleo-Day one!

You put the lime in the coconut you drank them both up!....for some reason I've had this song in my head ever since I decided (well yesterday lol) to go Paleo. I think it may be because I saw limes as one of the first ingredients on the Practically Paleo for Athletes shopping list, and because coconuts are well, so paleo! (I can't believe I just said that...but it's true!).


Anywho, truth be told I have been contemplating doing this for quite some time, and after chatting with El yesterday it just seemed like the perfect time to fully take the plunge.
And I have to say that I am SO glad that I decided to start this today, on one of the most insanely hectic days I have had in recent times, as this new challenge provided just the positive energy that I needed to make it through! Actually I feel like I've already noticed some other benefits from going Paleo (although it's quite possible they are half in my head, but I'll take 'em anyways). For one thing, I was not hungry all day, even through morning, lunch and after school meetings. So I may or may not have eaten a boiled egg in front of my principal at one of the meetings, but  hey I was not hungry by the end of the day for once! Also, I was feeling much less anxious/ stressed/ tired/ on edge throughout the day, which was especially noticiable towards the end of the school day when fatigue and irritability would normally be setting in. I was able to work-out right after the crazy day and did not feel like I needed sugar or an energy boost of any kind.

All in all I have to say that I am feeling good about this so far, in case you couldn't tell.

Also, am starting a new challenge which is to ride my bike to work as many days (if not all of them) of this new challenge period as possible. I just got new bike bags and am stoked to use them...plus it is such a nice ride to work along the waterfront (oh and did I mention how nice and warm it is...hehe ok I'll stop, but it is quite nice and warm a lot of the time considering it's February!).


SO my question for everyone/ anyone reading is: What will your new 30 day challenge be??


No comments:

Post a Comment