Saturday 22 November 2014

Crushing My November Challenges

Now I don't want to get ahead of myself here... there are 8 days left... However, I am loving this month and feel great for the challenges and accomplishments!

What has me in such a great mood you may ask? Last night, after a water-logged hour of struggling (and being rolled back up by my friend Emily), I managed to roll a kayak. I then was able to do it a few more times before deciding to stop while I was ahead. I feel like I have a litre of pool water in my sinuses but I am super happy and can't wait to officially join the kayak club in the New Year.

Amazingly, the calisthenics are getting easier too. I'm sure there will still be days when a 3+ minute wallsit is pure hell, but my legs, core and endurance are so much stronger and my recovery time between sets is dropping daily.


Yesterday, I also submitted a job app for which I feel quite confident. Regardless of the outcome I now have a better idea of how to re-work my resume for any upcoming postings.

As for re-connecting with me, I started keeping a gratitude journal (thanks for the suggestion Daniele), got myself a Y-pass, have been swimming more and spending great quality time with friends. Overall, I feel fantastic about the momentum I'm building in my world.

I hope you're all having as fabulous a Saturday as I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment