Friday 28 November 2014

Working out on the go..

I had a quick 3 day/ 2 night trip to Calgary for work. It was a lot of fun. I won't even pretend I ate healthy. I did however have the most delicious steak.. YUM!! I had the "petit filet" with shrimp and it was not petit at all- 8 oz. I won't even tell you about the 24oz Tbone Ana had.. haha. Anyway the food was amazing.

YOLO, so gotta make the best of it.

I did however, manage to fit in some workouts.

The first night I was out till 1am..which is 3am Ottawa time, so I thought it'd be dead the next morning, but because of the jet-lag I managed to wake up and forced myself to get to the gym. I did 5km on the treadmill, a few small laps in the pool, and a couple minutes in the hot tub..oh right that part isn't exercise. Still nice for sore muscles.



I definitely want to start doing more running on the treadmill. The treadmill gets a lot of flack, but I don't mind it, and it allows you to get the workout done quickly. I definitely need more cardio in my routine.

I had the pool all to myself so that was nice.



The conference was business casual so I brought two outfits with. Day 1 more business, and day 2 more casual. It's really hard to know what to where. Guys have it a lot easier and most of them just wore suits.

Day 1:



Day 2:


Excuse the dim hotel lighting. The reason my hair is different is because in between, I went to a blow dry bar. It was fun! they have a menu of hair styles you can choose from! I chose "pillow talk" but then said I didn't want it too wavy actually. The night before it was more voluminous..



Yep there's Mark! He was we were scared because we were standing on glass at the top of the Calgary Tower. It was really cool. Also, take a look at this vending machine



See. Lara bars and coconut water. I felt like I was in BC.

Anyway the second morning I woke up at 5 am and decided to venture off to Goodlife for a 6am body shred class. It was about 1.5 km away and I could have gotten nearly all the way without going outside, as there is a cool sky walk! But instead I took the fresh air as it wasn't too cold. There was a Goodlife opening right near the Hotel but it won't open for another few weeks.

It was fun seeing the gym.


We were just 4 people at body shred and it was so nice to actually have room to spread out and move. There was a hot tub there, where everyone can look in on you..it seemed a bit strange.

Afterward I finally had a healthy breakfast of  steel cut oatmeal at this cafe called Good Earth . I could pick 3 toppings so I had banana, coconut and seeds. It was delicious.



Yesterday I took a rest day and today I did body pump and have soccer tonight. A director at work just brought in 100 tim bits .. cause 50 wouldn't have been enough? It's ok I only ate about 10 of them or so (hahaha I am not kidding- terrible). oh well.

Anybody doing any black Friday shopping?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment