Monday 24 November 2014

Focusing on the small victories

Last week, I slacked a bit on my goals...I didn't get to a spin class nor did I swim. I managed to run a couple of times though, including running in the freezing rain on Saturday.

At volleyball, I managed to keep the ball in play 80 percent of the time and at curling I managed to throw a couple of rocks from the hack on Saturday (although they didn't really make it down the ice).

I had some great rides on Cedric last week. On Friday, I had an amazing lesson where we had a bit of a breakthrough. I won't bore you with the details but it made my weekend. :)

This morning I decided to start the week off by going for a swim. I managed to swim 1000 m in 35 min. Not super fast, but I'm already noticing an improvement.

In related news, last Wednesday was my final physio appointment. I'd been going to physio twice a week since mid-2012 in an effort to recover from the nerve damage I'd suffered as a a result of my back surgery. I've worked really hard to get where I am and I can't really articulate how wonderful it is to have finally "graduated".


No comments:

Post a Comment